Hadoop Architect / Tech Lead
We seek a Technical Lead with expertise in Hadoop to help build and mentor a talented team of Hadoop Developers, Administrators, and Data Scientists. We seek an accomplished programmer who has used Java, Python, Hive or Pig to prepare and analyze data in HDFS, HBase or Kudu. Familiarity with setting up and optimizing Hadoop clusters using Apache utilities or Cloudera Manager and/or using R to analyze large data sets would be beneficial.
We seek a candidate who is a Hadoop guru who knows how to do things right; who is practical and eager to deliver value to the organizations you serve; who is a respected mentor and a trusted leader; who keeps up with new developments and can identify or create best practices.
- Lead the design and deployment of Hadoop clusters.
- Design and build high-performance data capture processes from structured (RDBMS) and unstructured sources.
- Conduct design reviews and code reviews to assure sound development practices are observed.
- Build expertise throughout the team through mentoring, training classes, certifications, etc.
- Be active and visible in the Hadoop community by presenting at conferences and user group meetings.
- Expertise with Apache Hadoop and related tools (Spark, Pig, Hive, HBase).
- Demonstrable experience with enterprise-level information and distributed processing systems.
- Experience with Business Intelligence systems.
- Mastery of SQL and hands-on experience with SQL-on-Hadoop tools such as Hive, Impala, Spark SQL or Presto.
- Experience with Java, Python, Scala and/or R programming languages.
- 3+ years experience with Hadoop-based enterprise systems.
- 5+ years development experience in Java, Python, Scala or equivalent in a Linux environment.
- 10+ years RDBMS experience.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or quantitative discipline.